- 05/22/2014 Link Smith and Jeff Braun join SpeedSource
- 11/18/2013 Mazda Bringing Game-Changing SKYACTIV-D Smart Diesel Technology to 2014 USCR Prototype Class
- 07/01/2013 6 TAKES SIX -- Mazda6 Takes Sahlen’s Six Hour Watkins Glen Grand-Am GX Win --
- 06/15/2013 MAZDA SKYACTIV-D CLEAN DIESEL MAKES IT A HAT-TRICK -- Mid-Ohio Win is Third Grand-Am GX Class Victory for New Mazda6 --
- 06/01/2013 MAZDA WINS AGAIN WITH SKYACTIV-D CLEAN DIESEL-- Visit Florida Racing Mazda6 Takes Motown Grand-Am GX Win --
- 04/20/2013 MAZDA SCORES FIRST RACE WIN WITH SKYACTIV-D CLEAN DIESEL - Visit Florida Racing Mazda6 Takes Grand-Am GX Win At Road Atlanta
- 03/03/2013 Historic Second Place Finish for the SKYACTIV-D Clean Diesel Powered Mazda 6 in Austin
- 03/01/2013 SPEEDSOURCE READY FOR AUSTIN GRAND-AM RACE
- 10/01/2012 SpeedSource Mazda RX-8 GT Caps a Five Year Career at Lime Rock Park
- 09/26/2012 GRAND-AM: Mazda Says Farewell To RX-8
- 09/11/2012 Customer Team Shines as SpeedSource Struggles
- 08/20/2012 SpeedSource Places Fifth in the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
- 08/11/2012 SpeedSource Returns to Watkins Glen
- 08/01/2012 SpeedSource Becomes First Rotary on Podium at the Brickyard Grand Prix
- 07/03/2012 SpeedSource Battles for Championship Points at Watkins Glen
Link Smith and Jeff Braun join SpeedSource
May 22, 2014 – Coral Springs, Florida – SpeedSource Engineering formally announce that sports car racing pioneers Link Smith and Jeff Braun have joined the factory-backed team. The duo have been added to support the continuing development of the Mazda Prototype program in IMSA’s Tudor United SportsCar Championship.
“We have focused most of our energy over the past 24 months on development of the SKYACTIV diesel engine program,” explains Sylvain Tremblay, CEO at SpeedSource. “Parallel to the development that David Haskell and his team continue with the Mazda diesel engine program, Jeff and Link will build on the gains we’ve already made in our chassis program. The SKYACTIV diesel with its extremely high torque levels and lower RPM range offer a unique set of challenges. Link and Jeff both bring proven track records of innovation as evidenced by their impressive list of podiums, race wins and Championships.”
Link Smith, who joined in October 2013, brings 20+ years in senior roles in sports car racing and two Grand-Am prototype Championships.
Smith said, “I’m excited to join SpeedSource in support of the new Mazda Motorsports SKYACTIV-D Prototype program. The opportunity to guide development of a new factory-backed project with technology that has never been used before is extremely rare, and one that I could not pass up.”
Braun’s addition at SpeedSource brings the number of degreed engineers at the South Florida-based team to seven.
“I am very excited to join Sylvain and his SpeedSource team. Having watched the phenomenal progress in their first four race events, I knew this was a serious engineering-based program. And, it’s exciting to be part of an organization where I can put my race engineering experience to the ultimate test with this all-new project," enthused Braun. “This team exemplifies the ‘Never Stop Challenging’ spirit of Mazda that I had to try to compete against for many years, and now I am humbled to join this group of dedicated pros.”
Other accomplished senior SpeedSource team members include lead engineer Marcus Shen, plus Zack LaGrone, Cody Ragone and driver/engineer Joel Miller. Miller, who spends his weekdays at SpeedSource putting his engineering degree to work, then tests his engineering prowess behind the wheel as driver of the #07 Mazda SKYACTIV Prototype.
Founded in 1995, SpeedSource is strategically located in the city of Coral Springs in South Florida between Palm Beach International Raceway and the Miami-Homestead Speedway; just hours from Daytona and Sebring. The 50,000-square foot facility on 3.5 acres is home for the factory-backed Mazda Motorsports Prototype program. SpeedSource has a long history of success in partnership with Mazda which includes two class wins at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, a GX-class Manufacturer’s Championship, dozens of race wins, pole positions and podiums.